Work with Us
Become a Heartlight San Diego Dance Instructor
Working with children is fun and challenging
What our Instructors do:
Lead choreographed dance routines to groups of elementary students grades: kindergarten through fifth grade.
After each 6-week session, we stage a huge performance with all the classes in your area.
Classes are held right after school, Monday-Friday, between the hours of 12:00pm – 4:00pm, on each school campus.
Role models for health and fitness with a very active lifestyle
Heartlight is looking for instructors who want these kinds of challenges and rewards from a part-time, seasonal job
Become one of our teachers
What we’re looking for in a great instructor:
- High energy, very reliable, friendly and professional!
- Must be a high school graduate
- Experience working with groups of school aged children
- Musical rhythm and dance ability
- References that demonstrate an instructor’s level of responsibility and professionalism.
- Successful candidates must complete the Livescan Fingerprint process.
Teaching HLSD dance classes is a part time and seasonal job. Most Instructors work 4-6 hours per week. More hours are available depending on: where you live, your ability to teach dance, and your willingness to drive to different school sites.
If you meet the requirements for becoming an Instructor and are interested in becoming a part of the HLSD team, please print and complete the application.
You may scan and email the application or snail mail the application to the office.
We look forward to hearing from those that wish share their love of dance and fitness with the children of San Diego.